HEADLINES

  • Extension of officers’ service: Service Chiefs commit no illegality - DHQ
  • Osinbajo vows to deal with Perpetrators of Taraba killings, orders deployment of forces
  • Live in peace with one another, Ishaku tells Taraba warring communities
  • APC Governors want 'true federalism and proper restructuring of Nigeria'
  • Melaye: INEC to verify petitioners’ signatures on recall July 3
  • Giwa defects to PDP, says 'i have opted to go with the majority'

News

Quit notice to Igbo by Northern youths: We are not part of it - Niger government
Quit notice to Igbo by Northern youths: We are not part of it - Niger government

The Niger Government has distanced itself from the recent threat by 16 Northern youth groups for the Igbo ethnic group in the Northern part of the country to leave within three months.

Johnathan Vatsa, the state’s Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, made this known at a news conference in Minna.

“The government and people of Niger dissociate themselves from the recent statement by some Northern youths that Igbo in the North should return to the South East.

“The security of lives and property of all residents of Niger is a priority to Governor
Abubakar Bello.

“We, therefore, want to make it categorically clear that all Igbo living in Niger are safe and should go about their normal businesses without fear.

“God has made us one people in Nigeria and we will continue to remain as one.”

Vatsa pointed out that the youths were not speaking for Northern Nigeria.

He noted that Suleja area of the state was home to many Igbo more than other states in the North because of its proximity to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

The commissioner said that the current administration in the state did not discriminate against any tribe and religion; hence some political appointments to non indigenes.

He noted that security agencies in the state had been placed on red alert to deal with any person or groups that may want to foment trouble.

Vatsa appealed to the public to report any suspicious movement or objects to the nearest security agency.

A total of 16 Northern youth groups on Tuesday in Kaduna issued what they called
“Kaduna Declaration’’ in which they gave three months ultimatum to Igbo residing in the North to leave.



Jun 08, 2017 0 

comment









Comment Title :

Your Name :

Comment :

RECENT POSTS
GALLERY
  • Supreme Court kicks out Hembe from House o
  • Vacate your seat and return all salaries a
  • Appeal against CCT ruling will be another
  • Don't let political affiliations tear us a
  • I see a Nigeria where the Igbo or Ijaw man
  • Wherever you're in the country is home, yo
  • APC Governors want 'true federalism and pr
  • Extension of officers’ service: Service
  • Giwa defects to PDP, says 'i have opted to